In Biting the Hand That Feeds You, Congressman Steve King of Iowa noted:
What would the May 1, 2006, illegal immigration boycott look like without illegal immigration?
- The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise would die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day.
- Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals.
- There would be no one to smuggle across our southern border the heroin, marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamines, which plague the United States, reducing the U.S. supply of methamphetamines that day, by 80%.
- Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases, to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals.
- Eight American children would not suffer the horror as victims of sex crimes.
I'll bet you did not see Congressman King's comments on the evening news.
(Note: see Day Without Illegal Immigration for even more information on the illegal alien boycott.)
Are Congressman King's comments baseless rhetoric, hateful speech, or actual facts? The MSM (mainstream media) and proponents of illegal aliens consistently bombard us with reports of an individual illegal alien that has done what most legal immigrants do: work hard and succeed. However, what they rarely tell us about are any of the negative aspects of illegal immigration. This report will detail some of the dark, negative aspects of the impact of illegal aliens that you might not be aware of.
Let's start with a broad summary on how illegal immigration is or can affect you personally. Here are just some of the negative side affects of illegal immigration:
- easy conduit for terrorists entering the USA
- massive escalation in crime
- surge in foreign national prisoners to support for years
- increases Balkanization of US
- increases multiculturalism/segregation/divisiveness instead of the American melting pot
- increases desire for Aztlan (reclaiming SW states for Mexico)
- increasing number of traffic accidents
- main contributor to surging US population
- dramatic impact on society and infrastructure, including education
- destruction of fragile ecosystems in American SW
- main cause of emergency rooms and hospitals closing as well as service cut backs
- introduction of third world diseases
- increased welfare costs
- massive costs to society – over and above contributions
Let's now examine The Darker Side of Illegal Immigration in greater detail.